It's clear from his batting record that Alex Rodriguez does not horse around. Apparently the Yankees slugger takes his work ethic to heart...or at least to art. As Us Weekly
reports, A-Rod has not one, but two portraits of himself as a centaur. Always reliable for insta-snark, twitter is ablaze with reaction to the news, including a new twitter account credited to A-Rod, called IAmCentaur
(possibly created by a Phillies fan?). Here, the ten best A-Rod Centaur tweets.
- tehdingo An ex-girlfriend has said Alex Rodriguez has pictures of himself painted as a centaur. OK, the Yankees can have the series now. I'm good
- bigdumbradio i'm going to dress up as an A-Rod Centaur for Halloween next year
- GYR8 A centaur? Not griffin? RT @ A-Rod clip-clops to first base on that walk.
- FixYourLife Imagining A.Rod as a centaur is fun...imagining him as a centaur on steroids is epic. The muscle tone in his horse half must be insane.
- glennbirkemeier Phillies fans, I expect A-Rod centaur signs tonight.
- katierosman "A-Rod Isn't Clutch" meme is dead. Long live "A-Rod as Centaur."
- keithmarder A-Rod has a portrait of himself as a Centaur, from Greek myths - 1/2 horse 1/2 human. Here's hoping 4 Kate Hudson the horse is the bottom 1/2
- AlanWare A-Rod, A-Fool, A-Centaur?
- DanimalEvans I hate the Yankees, but will forever love A Rod for the fact that he has a mural of himself as a Centaur
- danberth So A-Rod's new nickname absolutely has to be The Centaur now, right?
Want to add to this story? Let us know in comments
or send an email to the author at
krust at theatlantic dot com.
You can share ideas for stories on the Open Wire.