- Hasani Gittens, NBC San Diego: "Smoking hot. Marilyn Monroe’s latest movie may explain the blonde bombshell’s notoriously bubbly personality."
- Don Surber, Daily Mail: "Some like it pot. Well, that does it. If marijuana was good enough for Marilyn Monroe than we should legalize it because she’s a celebrity."
- Azaria Jagger, Gawker: "There's something appropriate about a video of Marilyn Monroe using drugs surfacing now, when a flock of Marilyn-worshipping floozies flip around Hollywood, leaving scandalous videos everywhere they go. So, pot or not, may the world raise a pipe to you, Marilyn, the original romantic trainwreck caught on film."
- Perez Hilton: "You've never seen her like this before!…Who knew that Marilyn was a marijuana fan?"
- Roberta Ferguson, Allie is Wired: "It’s not unusual for someone from that era to be smoking a joint, so it’s all good. Besides that, this woman had more class then than all of our Kardashians, Lohans, and Hiltons do combined."
- Stuart Heritage, Heckler Spray: "This might come as a shock to you, so make yourself comfortable. Ready? Marilyn Monroe might have taken drugs. It’s shocking, we know. There was nothing to suggest that before. Not Marilyn Monroe’s well-established dependence on prescription medication, not the way Marilyn Monroe died because she took too many drugs. Nothing. This has come right out of the blue. We’re shocked. Shocked."
- RealReadio1041: "Marilyn Monroe caught smoking pot on film. If you had a 7 year itch you would do the same"
- Joe Mande: "Marilyn Monroe used to blaze? I guess Some Like It Pot! Gentlemen Prefer Ganj! All About Cheeb! The Seven Year Spliff!"
- Pennsylvania News: "Article Was Marilyn Monroe a stoner?: Gentlemen prefer bongs, but it appears that Hollywood's most famous blonde was content to pass the joint."
- Victoria Young: "Marilyn Monroe still managed to look incredibly beautiful while sitting on the sofa smoking a joint!! What a woman!"
- Celeb Meme, via Coed Magazine: "Talk about one lucky spliff."