Who will take home Super Bowl glory this Sunday? Everyone wants to
know, and everyone has theory, algorithm, or prairie animal
swear--will accurately predict the future. So don't turn to the real
sports analysts for inside information--there are plenty of other ways to
tell if the Packers or the Steelers will hoist the Vince Lombardi
trophy. Here are just a few of the prognosticators to consider before
make a friendly wager:
- Music - "When you look at the musical pedigrees of the teams' home cities, Green Bay would seem like the underdog."
- Pet Names
- "Veterinary Pet Insurance Co. has run the numbers in its database of
485,000 pets and found that for a couple of years now, the winner of the
big game has been the team with the most dogs or cats named after it or
- Jobless Rates
- "The team whose metropolitan area boasts the lower jobless rate has
won 16 of the past 20 Super Bowls -- an 80 percent success rate,
according to an analysis by RiseSmart, which provides outplacement and
- Madden '11
- "The game predicts that the [Packers] Aaron Rodgers will make a
stunning interception that will turn the game around and lead the
Packers to victory."
- 'The Internet'
- "The Super Bowl team discussed most during the month of January ended
up taking home the Vince Lombardi trophy every year since 2008,
according to data collected by social media analysis company Infegy."
- A Groundhog - "Jimmy [the groundhog] also predicted a Green Bay Packers Super Bowl victory Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers."
Want to add to this story? Let us know in comments
or send an email to the author at
ehayden at nationaljournal dot com.
You can share ideas for stories on the Open Wire.