Welcome to the Smart Set. Every morning we bring you the gossip coverage, filtered. Today: Winehouse autopsy set for today, Pelosi sends cupcakes, and a same-sex marriage at Gracie Mansion.
- Scotland Yard confirmed that an autopsy to determine Amy Winehouse's cause of death will take place Monday. There will also be an inquest at St. Pancras's Cororner's office in the morning. The 27-year-old singer was found dead in her London apartment on Saturday. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- The World Series champion San Francisco Giants will be honored at the White House today and Rep. Nancy Pelosi isn't letting the occasion pass by unnoticed. She's reportedly already "shipped cupcakes decorated with the San Francisco Giants’ logo to her fellow Bay Area members and to the Obama family" in anticipation of the visit. [The Reliable Source]
- "The war" between rival fashion photography studios Pier 59 and Milk Studio is heating up again after Pier 59 boss Federico Pignatelli "boasted to Page Six" about poaching Milk's studio manager, booking director, and equipment manager. "It's pretty clear from the fact that they are resigning and working for me that they disagree with Milk's management style," Pignatelli said. In February, Pignatelli filed a lawsuit against Milk Studios and "alleged in the complaint that [Milk founder Mazdack] Rassi was trying to poach his clients and employees and tampered with Google Maps to make his Chelsea Piers studio appear in North Harlem on the map." [Page Six]
- If yesterday's Bridgehampton Polo event at Two Trees Farm seemed a little light on the under-two set, there was a reason for that. According to organizers "toddlers and babies [weren't allowed in the VIP tents this year." In past years, "boldfacers including Kelly Ripa, Brooke Shields and Kelly Bensimon [would] often bring their tykes to the field." [Page Six]
- Former Hills star Kristin Cavallari and Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler ended their engagement after just three months. "She got dumped," a source told People magazine [Gatecrasher]
- One NFL quarterback who did manage to tie the knot this weekend was Ben Roethlisberger. The Steelers quarterback, who has "twice found himself accused of sexual misconduct" since entering the league in 2004, married Ashley Harlan in the Pittsburgh surburb of Ohio Township on Saturday. [AP]
- Prince William has given Kate Middleton Princess Diana's "most prized set of jewels," a pair of diamond and sapphire earrings. "Ever the fashionista, Kate opted to give the earrings a modern twist by having the studs remodeled into drop earrings" and first wore them in public last month at Wimbledon. Middleton already has Diana's diamond and sapphire engagement ring. [US]