Anybody trying to send time-wasting links to kitten boxing
videos or flash mobs
late this morning over Google's chat or email service may have found themselves thwarted. For the second time in a month, Gmail went down. And, as happened the last time, mobs of disgruntled users took to Twitter to vent. A sampling:
- The100rabh: This gmail outage was probably a warning that I should backup all google data, not rely solely on that.
- Errolbeats: Gmail was down because Chuck Norris signed up for an account.
- Victormanuelgi: Problemas con gmail hoy....
- RSS_VentureBeat: If I forgot your name, it's Gmail's fault
- Xnegativespace: Complaints went from omfg gmail isnt working to omfg do we still have internet?! the internet is more than gmail. wish my office knew that.
- Emoltzen: New, proposed slogan for Google/Gmail: "What? You gonna use Hotmail?"
- Antimeria: When gmail/gchat went down this morning, my first instinct was to check twitter's trending topics. this is getting downright pavlovian.
- Tony_Tam: Imagine if gmail facebook and Twitter were all down at the same time. I would feel like it was 1980's, bad enough when 1 service is down
- Nat3200: Im interested to read later of today about why gmail has failed yet again! <- I crashed it sending porn. :( Sorry!!!!
- Meganeherring: Gmail. Wtf.
Want to add to this story? Let us know in comments
or send an email to the author at
krust at theatlantic dot com.
You can share ideas for stories on the Open Wire.